miércoles, 20 de agosto de 2014

First Class

My first class  


Hello everyone, this period I will be teaching with English Acces. I was nervous because I didn´t know how the studennts would react. The first class was not good enough. The topic that I developed was Too and enough. Let me tell you that  I looked for information to make a good job, but I missed some details about it. I introduced my self, but I forgot to ask the students to introduce themselves; then I made the warm up in which students had to work in groups. They had to stand up  and create sentences using comparisons and superlatives. During the activity students had to rotate because I prepared three different stations. Those stations had different pictures (food, clothes, fruits, and so on).
After they wrote the sentences, each group of students chose a representative to read the sentences. I made a mistake because I didn´t make error correction :(

Then I started to work with the book; I explained the grammar notes, and I presented some examples. Unfortunately these examples wasn´t enough for them. Then they made some exercises. In my opinion they didn´t had problems solving this kind of topic. 
I gave them extra practice, and I observed that the majority of the class solved the exercises. 
After that, I gave then scrambled sentences to work in groups. All the groups could unscrambled the sentences. 
I enjoyed my first class, but I hope to do it better in my second class. I wish the best for you classmates.

1 comentario:

  1. Something that I can recommend you when it happens Vane is to make them to do an activity in which they can say their names because it is one of the first thing that you do when you come to a classroom for first time. In other words you can change your activity if you consider important to do it.

    Another thing is to be careful with the information that you investigate because sometimes students taste you and imagine if you are not ready for the topic they will say that you do not know anything. They will not pay attention to you as well. So be careful you need to be careful with grammar because we never know Vanessa.

    Another important thing is to make a review of the topic before starting to make an activity because there are some aspects that they still do not understand. So be careful with that and good luck…

    ResponderEliminar